Saturday 9 January 2016

We all need to start somewhere

Hi!

A couple of months ago I got an unlimited cinema pass from Cineworld (other cinemas are available) and now spend an unhealthy amount of time there. I've gone from only watching films I really wanted to see to watching almost anything that is released. I don't have a favourite genre but historically have not been a fan of horror films. Despite the fact that I am possibly one of the jumpiest people you will ever meet, it's just down to me not really enjoying the stories. I'm also drinking a LOT of latte's from Costa so if they could go and bring out an unlimited card that'd be great.

I'm really not sure if anyone will ever read any of these, but I've found recently I quite enjoy writing. Add that to one of my favourite hobbies - watching films - and I've got a new activity to fill endless hours with.

So, what will I be doing? I have no idea. Rambling mostly, twitter only gives me 140 characters so I needed to find a new medium to get my thoughts out. I'll give my opinion on characters, actors, script, music and general story telling. But almost definitely not all of those in all posts. I am very aware my grammar is not perfect, my knowledge of "classic" films is limited, I am stubborn as anything, I will not take a bad word said against someone I like and my opinions are incredibly biased. Other than that, the posts will be pretty good.

I'll do my best to not give away the entire story, we've got Wikipedia for that. What will inevitably happen though is I'll run through the film giving my likes/dislikes. But for record, if you read anything I've put and complain about spoilers, it will fall on deaf ears. Obviously I'm not going to give away a huge plot twist or reveal the happily ever after moment when all looked like it was going to end in tears but come on, you're reading what someone thinks of a film.

I'm probably not going to write about films I've seen in the past as I don't think I'd get anything done, but if anyone does actually read these and has a suggestion for a film I might not have seen then I'd love to hear from you.

After some consideration (and an awful lot of arguing with a computer screen over people's ratings of films) I'm going to end each post with one of 5 verdicts
  •         Don't waste your time
  •         Not so good
  •         Average
  •         Go and see it
  •         Must watch!
**Edit - this is too difficult, rating out of 10 will be used moving forward

So I'm doing this for no other reason than to put my thoughts on (electronic) paper to share with the world. If you have any comments they'd be greatly appreciated and if you could share this with any random people too then it'd be awesome.

Finally, there is nothing serious about these reviews. I will say something in one and possibly say the complete opposite in another. Don't be that guy who is going to pick on all inaccuracies or little mistakes, nobody likes a smart-ass. Well, at least I don't.

So that's enough for now, plenty of time for more pointless rants later. I hope you enjoy what you read and if you want to let me know what you think, or just want to discuss films (or anything else) then please do.

Liam



No comments:

Post a Comment